What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a hormonal therapy that uses plant-derived hormones, compounded in a pharmacy by highly trained compounding pharmacists, to produce hormone structures identical to the hormones produced by the human body including estrogens, progesterone and thyroid.
BHRT hormones differentiate from synthetic hormones. Synthetic hormones are produced through chemical modifications and are perceived as foreign to the human body, resulting in substantially different effects. Bio-identical hormones (also known as human iso-molecular) are exactly the same chemical structure as produced by the human body.
Each patient receives a patient-specific formulation based on their deficiencies, imbalances and health goals. These hormones are prescribed by your ND and each patient is closely monitored to ensure the results are safe and effective.
Excellent scientific research and clinical evidence indicate that BHRT is responsible for alleviating symptoms of PMS, menopause and andropause (male decline in hormones) and may offer many other significant health benefits including disease prevention.
For over 15 years, Pure Wellness Group has witnessed the amazing benefits of this therapy. If you are interested in BHRT or looking for alternatives to synthetic hormone therapy, please take the opportunity to consult with one of our highly trained naturopathic doctors.
When considering hormone therapy, one size does not fit all. Hormone therapy is a precise science, formulated for each person. Our professional staff would be more than happy to determine if BHRT is safe and right for you.
Here is a step-by-step guide to starting BHRT:
- You will have a 15 minute initial health screening with a Naturopathic Doctor to discuss your health history and to determine if Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is appropriate for you.
- Required laboratory testing will include: Complete Salivary Hormone Panel and relevant blood work.
- Required physical exams may include one or more of the following completed within the last six months: breast exam, breast thermography, breast mammography, pelvic/transvaginal ultrasounds, Pap exam.
- Your Naturopathic Doctor will discuss any additional testing that may be required or suggested before the onset of treatment. Once all of your results are complete, you will have a 60 minute visit for review.
- Once a unique prescription has been formulated for you, you will receive a call from your Compounding Pharmacy. You will arrange for payment of your prescription with the Pharmacy directly.